Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A new Thing

I learned a new thing. I love to learn new crafty things, and this one is really fun. Though, honestly, I think that there is a limited amount of places to apply this new thing. It is punch needle embroidery. Think of rug hooking. This is similar in that it makes loops on the top side, but it is made by poking a needle with thread through the back to make the loops and it is much slower and smaller that rug hooking. But, it is so much fun. I like to make my own patterns, because then I feel ok if I decide to sell them. I am going to go to a rug hooker's retreat in October with my sister who is a hooker, and apparently, punchneedle is an acceptable thing for me to do there. SO that is what I am planning to do, along with some wool applique, which I also love to do.

I will share pictures of my makings in a few days.

No comments: