Sunday, July 15, 2007

Slow Sunday

It has been a nice, quiet Sunday at my house. I have sewn much of the day. I finished some flannel baby wipes. I made some cleaning cloths for the woman who cleans my house, because she admired some flannels wipes I had made. I finished a couple of fabric grocery bags, and I made potato salad. I also finished 2 fabric chevron banners for a couple of little girls. They are very cute, and I just need to put their names on them. I spend the bulk of my Sundays trying not to nap. I am not usually a napper, but on Sundays, my only day off, I absolutely cannot nap, as I have to get up at 5 in the morning for my second job. If I nap, then I can't sleep well and I am not as perky as I should be. But it works out.

I spend so much of my life daydreaming about paint and fabric and decorating and the perfect little house. I sometimes wonder if I am just spinning my wheels. There is so much I want to do and so much I want my life to be, but I wonder if I am going to spend my whole life wishing.

In the past, when I have had a bad day or whatever, I have thought, if I just move to some perfect little town of the moment, that my life will be wonderful, I will have a job I love, and friends and a social group and my flowers will be gorgeous and I will eat right. I have moved enough times to know that it doesn't usually turn out that way. No matter where I go, I am still the same person. It is still hard for me to meet and make new friends, I still like staying home and I still don't eat right. Only the scenery changes. The move I am currently working toward is actually based on real things. I am tired of my dark gray mountain winters, non-stop rain and chill. I want to be in the same town as my sister. We have never lived in the same town. Where I am going is warmer and sunnier and doesn't rain as much. I currently live out in the sticks and have to drive 30 miles to anything, and the new place will be an actual town. I will be able to walk anywhere and there is a bookstore, yarn store, fabric store, grocery store, library, the water and Starbucks. There is really everything there, but those are my only necessities. If I really need beyond that, it is 15 minutes away. I know that my life will be somewhat different, just because I will be in a town and more will be possible.

No comments: