Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th

I would like to post about how much I love my country and how proud I am of the way we behave and the way our country is going. I do love my country, fiercely, but I am not proud of the way our government has treated the world. I am not proud of the "U.S. knows all the answers to make your country perfect" attitude we seem to have right now.

I would like to see a leader who can lift us up and give us hope and I believe Obama can do that for us. I think he can work with both parties and make things work. I believe he can mend our relations with the rest of the world. I want so badly to feel proud of my country again. I want to feel like we are good people again, instead of the playground bullies that make our own rules and change the rules to suit us, and break those rules when applying them to others. I want to feel like I can believe what my president is telling me, rather than assuming he is never telling us the truth. I want to feel like our leaders have personal integrity. For all the crap the right gave Clinton about that same issue, they have not shown us anything different, adn in fact, mostly worse. He lied about getting a blow job. Bush has lied about everything it seems. And I fear he is going to lie us into Iran, too. The only reasons those countries are a threat to us is that we have threatened them.

And so, on this Independence Day, I hope that our future holds a return to what once made us good and honorable. I hope it hold out hope for a better world and making hte world better, instead of scarier. We live in a culture of fear and the boogeyman, and we created so much of that and brought it on ourselves. And, no, I am not talking about 9/11. I am talking about post 9/11 events. Iraq, bombings, threats, Iran. I believe we created those situations by our actions. I do support the continued search for Bin Laden, but our president doesn't consider him to be of any importance. we have lost our way, and I hope we can find it again.

Blessings to you and yours on this day, and my you find peace in your life.

No comments: