Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ode to Lorelai Gilmore

I only started watching the Gilmore Girls right after the Kiss. So I had to catch up, and it was on every afternoon at 5, so that worked out well. I adore the Gilmore Girls. They were smart and did not dumb things down so everyone would just get it. You had to really pay attention to catch all the pop culture, literary, obscure other references. It was so well written that most women I know wanted to be best friends with Lorelai. One of my favorite bloggers used the phrase, which I immediately adopted as my own, "What Would Lorelai Gilmore Do?" I use it often.

I like to think that Lauren Graham is like Lorelai, though she probably isn't. But I love her and it makes me happy to think they are alike. I want her to date and marry Matthew Perry, too, because I like him a lot too, and I like to think they would be happy and funny, though it probably would be a little angsty.

But, I wanted to give them a proper fan good-bye. So, here is to you, Lauren Graham, and Alexis Bledel, and I hope we see you in a lot more stuff, because you are wonderful.

(P.S.- I was really mad at the whole Luke and April debacle and there was really no need to do that stupid thing. I never liked Christopher, but didn't blame her one bit and even liked him for a little while there, because I was so mad at Luke.)

No comments: