Monday, May 7, 2007

Inaugural Post

In the past, I have had a couple of other blogs, one of which I really enjoyed doing. Then I closed that one and opened one with my sister, but at times, blogger is a pain and makes posting hard. So I am killing that blog, too. I enjoy writing and started blogging to practice that. I have no aspirations to write a book, or anything. I just think it is a good thing to practince things that require thinking.

I am a crafter. I knit, I sew, I make stained glass mosaics, I am an upholsterer, I paint, I make whatever is trendy at the moment, just a little then I move on to new things. I love learning new art/craft skills, and have no need to perfect them, or continue. I just really like to experience something new and be able to say, I made this, not matter how bad it may be. These are things I want to learn- glass blowing and blacksmithing, are at the top of my list right now.

As anyone who read either of the previous blogs of mine (all 4 of you) knows, I have been trying to sell my house, and move to a new town and start a new business, and a new chapter in my life. I was divorced 4 years ago and I need something new in my life. Right now, I live in a small, isolated mountain town, far from a real city, and it is dark much of the year and cold way too much of the year. I need sunshine and warmer and water. I am only going about 60 miles away, but it is a coastal town and in a little sunbelt, so is warmer and brighter. And it is a little city, with everything I need and can walk to everything and breath sea air. My big sister lives there, and we plan to have adventures, big and small.

I will try not to whine too much about my house not selling, and I am about to go splash yellow paint on it.
Thanks for reading.
G

No comments: