Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mom's Day

As most women can say, I have had ups and downs with my mom. I know that she did the best she knew how, and that was not bad. SHe favors the only boy and pisses off the 3 girls over it, but she is very good to me. She annoys the hell out of me, but she is good to me and I love her. ANd her 4 kids are all productive, non-addicted, law abiding, honorable and moral people. Yes, we should be, but I look at some of my cousins and oh! dear heaven! we are all quite fabulous in comparison.

Shall I share?? I have a cousin who is a minister and oh, so pious and good, but apparently he has a fondness for other men's wives and a few hookers here and there. When he was in high school, he had a very sweet and good girlfriend, whom he pressured to have sex. When she finally gave in to the pressure, he dumped her, since she was no longer a virgin. He convinced his mom to give him her million dollar house in return for paying her expenses at an adult facility. He stopped paying for anything, saying since she has dimentia, she doesn't know the difference.

His brother is an exceptionally handsome loser who has latched on to women with money and never worked an honest day in his life. After his latest stint in rehab, he has now left his 3rd wife because he found his soul mate in rehab, but he will most certainly fight for a great divorce settlement.

They have a sister who is not pretty. The curse of having handsome brothers and never measuring up, even though she is the only productive member of that family. She is funny, smart, eloquent and an all around good person. But, she is not pretty, which is really what counts in that family.

My mother spends so much time worrying about her little sister, who's son has sort of hung her out to dry, and really she can't do too much about it. I am so mad at him for doing this because of all the stress it has put on everyone but him, it seems.

And so, our family looks really good right now. I am self employed, my brother is a contractor, and both sisters are retired.
So here is to my mom. Who really irritates the crap out of me at times, but, for all her faults, is a pretty good mom, who raised pretty good kids. Thanks mom.

No comments: