Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Summertime

Summer is winding down and there are also many changes coming my way. At the end of the month, I am finished with my store. I have had it for 10 and a half years, and it has been a good job for me, but I am done with it. Well, almost...in the middle of September, I am working for the new owner while she goes on a cruise. But then I am really done!! Really. And I feel great relief, but also great trepidation because my income will go down by a significant amount.

At the end of August me house will no longer be listed for sale. After a long and disappointing almost year of being for sale, and not having sold, we are taking a break. My sister keeps pushing me to rent it out, but the idea of having to come back and fix things after the renters leave is too much for me to contemplate.

I feel in such limbo and like I am not sure what I am doing right now. I had hoped to be moved on to new things in my life by now and starting in a new place and a new job. I can and will take this time to work on my projects and build up my skills and hopefully build up my clientele. I am the sort that makes a decision and acts on it. But this time I am not able to do that, through no fault or action of my own. I am, however, glad to no longer be listed for sale, as it am not so worried about keeping me house up. It has gotten out of hand, but I have hesitated to try to fix it, because that always involves a bigger mess. At least for me it does!

We have had a very odd summer here this year. we keep saying it is October in August- it has been 45 degrees at night, and cold enough in my house, that if it were winter, I would turn on the heat! But I refuse in summer. Except in the bathroom. I hate getting out of a shower into a cold room!

I hope your changes are all good.

2 comments:

1138 said...

I'd love to send you some of our heat from here in Georgia.
I feel your pain with the house I'm going through the same thing.

Gigi said...

I grew up in Georgia and while I don't miss that kind of heat, I wish it were warmer here. I can no longer stand the humidity!