Sunday, August 19, 2007

October

We continue to have October in August, and I would normally not mind it, but this year it is bothering me. Perhaps everything is bothering me this year, since I wish I were no longer living here. I have just been the biggest whiner in the world this year, and that really is not me. I am perky, and happy, and optimistic. Sometimes annoyingly so.

So, I have been madly buying up fabric to use on my chairs, after I am done at my store. My income will drop significantly after that, and I need to have projects. I have accumulated 10 chairs to re-upholster, either free from the side of the road, or a sister buys one for $2.00 at a rummage sale (that one is fabulous!!), or whatever. At any rate, I have 10 chairs, all different, and so they will each require different skills to be used. I fall in love with each of them just a tiny bit when I get them and really have to talk myself into being willing to let them go when they are done. One of them, which I am going to keep, is an Art Nouveau era club chair that is so wonderful, I can barely stand it. It is in great shape and if the current covering wasn't pink Naugahyde, I would have it in my house right now.

But I am working 7 days a week right now and that is not conducive to much beyond sleeping, eating, working and laundry. It will end soon and then my life will change so much. I have had my store for 10 years, and all my crafty crap was done there, never at home, and now I will be doing such things at home.

Well, I am off to a family picnic, so I much go cut up a million tomatoes for bread salad. Ask me how I make it someday and I will share.

2 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

I never heard of the salad so I am curious. I have a fondness for old chairs and have to stop myself or I would have a house full of them. Some have such personality.

Hope everyone had fun at the picnic.

Gigi said...

It is the easiest and best salad I make. I will post about it in a minute. Thanks-