Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A fine new day


There are many things in my life that don't make me happy, but I am a pretty happy person, overall. I am grateful for the calm in my life and what I have. I have options and I have a family that would step up and offer help if I needed it. Well, a couple of them would. One of my sisters is my cheerleader and gives me great encouragement and support. I wear a necklace that says "Happiness is a choice" and I truly believe that. I used to believe we were guided by our fate and we didn't really get a choice. I now understand that we can't necessarily control our feelings, but we can control how we react to our emotions. We may not choose who we fall in love with, but we can control how we react to that. We can choose or not to engage in that love or acknowledge its' deficits and choose not to act on it and save alot of pain. That was such a revelation for me.


And now for a little something different- something I made for an auction-well, it is at the top of the page. I haven't mastered how to put things lower in the post. Little moves, people, little moves!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hey! It's pretty! Great job.

Happiness is weird-we don't realize we're happy until we're sad. Good for you for pursuing it!

Felicia said...

Your mosaic is delightful!

Felicia
http://www.fluffyflowers.typepad.com/