Thursday, May 31, 2007

Theories

I did a blog last year, and enjoyed, but I am a blog novice and it took me a year just to figure out how to put a photo on it. I deleted it and my sister and I were going to do one together, but new Blogger sucks, so that ended too. But I really missed the writing and mind wandering I do when I write, so I started a new one, and theoretically, I will show you things that I make. But the fact is, I don't get a lot of things made that I think are blog-worthy. I am trying so hard to sell my house and so much of my stuff in is a storage unit in the new town, and I really miss it, but just cannot go get it and bring it home and clutter up my house again.

SO, I made a mosaic for a benefit auction that a bunch of friends are putting on for a girlfriend with breast cancer. I will show that. I love it. And I make paper things- paper garlands, party favors, silliness.

I have 2 older sisters who have had some health issues- one had heart bypass a couple of years ago, and one had colon cancer, and has been well for 4 years. They both have high cholesterol, and have been fussing at me to go get my fluids checked. I have always been blessed with low cholesterol, and nice healthy blood pressure. So, since I don't have insurance, I went to my local hospitals cardiac screening. I am pleased to say my cholesterol remains ok, under 200. My HdL could be better, but my LDL is fine. My blood pressure is fine. But, my blood glucose is not so good. Well over what is considered safe. Just under what is diabetes. And, I am a bit freaked out. I am very overweight and sedentary, and that will fix it if I get moving. Oh, and sugar is my drug of choice. So I have to stop that right now!! So, I am reading all the stuff I need to read and trying to be better with my diet. I have to work up to moving around more. I hate sweat. For some reason, I always sort of figured I wouldn't get the health issues that have been prevalent in my families, but apparently, that was foolish of me. So, now I have had my butt kicked and things have to change.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: